The NHS is starting to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine, in line with the government’s priority list of which people will get it first. This is a very exciting development and we want to be clear about how it will work for local people. The NHS will get in touch with you directly when it is your turn to be vaccinated. Please don’t contact your practice, doctor or the NHS asking about vaccination; this is not a service that you are able to book in advance. You will be contacted when it is your turn to be vaccinated in the weeks and months ahead.
So please remember:
· Don’t contact the NHS to seek a COVID-19 vaccine, we will contact you when it is your time for the vaccine
· When we do contact you, please follow the information given to know when and where to get your vaccine
· Keep your appointment once it is made
· The vaccine is safe. The NHS only offers vaccinations to the public once experts have signed off that it is safe to do so
· Vaccine centres are being set up across the eight boroughs of NW London over the coming weeks. We are getting everything ready so we can start vaccinating as soon as we start receiving the vaccine
· We will vaccinate in order of priority, following national guidance
· Please continue to follow the national public health guidance to control the virus and save lives – Hands – Face – Space.
COVID-19 is still very prevalent and highly infectious: the risk of catching it is the same as ever for people who have not been vaccinated.
URGENT MESSAGE FOR ALL PATIENTS:
The practice is providing most of its GP appointments by telephone. You will only be called into the practice if a doctor needs to see you or we need to perform a blood test. This is to protect patients and staff from transmission of COVID-19 at the surgery. We also now have capability for video consultations as well.
You must follow the current UK Government advice: stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please call the surgery on 020 8741 7471 if you need to speak to a GP. You can order repeat prescriptions on-line. And the practice website has lots of staying well information as well.
Curated information to help you understand and deal with coronavirus